For work, finally, more docker this week! Also did a production deployment, rolled back a production deployment and helped fix a production deployment.
I received my SteamDeck and immediately downloaded 100GB of games onto it. Let's see how far I get playing them. And how do I get my Epic/Humble/etc. games on it?
Someone added two discussion topics to my django-unstuck repo. I'm flattered and startled someone is looking at it.
In a similar vein, my PID explanation video has 1700 views and two praising comments. I am flattered and startled someone is looking at it.
What is happening this week?!
- My Blog is Hilariously Overengineered to the Point People Think it's a Static Site - Xe: my blog is hilariously static, so I don't need to work that hard for it.
- Ladybird: A new cross-platform browser project – Andreas Kling – I like computers!
- write your own task queue! - Dan Palmer
- The Ball - One World Play Project
- [2207.03005] A mission architecture to reach and operate at the focal region of the solar gravitational lens
- Buckblog: Maze Generation: Algorithm Recap
- Maze generation algorithm - Wikipedia
- Is bin-opening in cockatoos leading to an innovation arms race with humans?: Current Biology
- ZeroBanana – Senior Engineers are Living in the Future
- One-on-ones with executives. -- Irrational Exuberance
- An app can be a home-cooked meal: This resonates with me: I have loads of these personal things.
- Software Component Names Should Be Whimsical And Cryptic -- by Aaron Zinger -- Sep, 2022 -- Better Programming
- Here's Why Car Wheels Are So Flat These Days (And No, It's Not Just Aerodynamics And Styling) - The Autopian
- Beyond the Liquid Tensor Experiment -- Xena
- That Annoying Shade of Blue • bsago.me
- Penpot - Design Freedom for Teams
- No, Most Books Don't Sell Only a Dozen Copies
- DIY Arduino Rain Gauge : 12 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables: What an ingenious measurement method!
- Understanding Injection Mold Cost for Parts and Tooling
- Where do economies of scale come from? - by Brian Potter
- 4.2 Gigabytes, or: How to Draw Anything - ⌨️🤷🏻♂️📷 (via Jochens weeklog)
- Nebraska Man Makes World’s Longest Journey by Pumpkin Boat -- Smart News-- Smithsonian Magazine
- Tyblog -- 35 Million Hot Dogs: Benchmarking Caddy vs. Nginx
- Internet Radio Using an ESP32 : 7 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables
- Aztec diamond - Wikipedia
- The best books to read to understand financial crime -- The Economist
- Fuzzy Green 'Glacier Mice' Move In Groups And Puzzle Scientists : NPR
- Oh This? Just a Giant Starmap Made By a Hacked 80s Knitting Machine
Libraries, programming, etc
- TIL—Python has a built-in persistent key-value store
- Template Fragments (via Jochens weeklog)
- nucliweb/image-element: Repository to collect best practices for web images 🏞 (via Jochens weeklog)
- Grokking Stable Diffusion.ipynb - Colaboratory (via Jochens weeklog)
- GitHub - cosmograph-org/cosmos: GPU-accelerated force graph layout and rendering
- MPIDR - COVID-19: Release of the COVerAGE-Database Website
- The Only Algorithm for Hard Problems: Shake and Pull Gently - james's web log
- Fez: just because it's "great on Steam Deck" and I liked it before. It even synced my 130.9% complete save file to the Deck. It's as good as before. 10/10
- Blasphemous: this is sometimes called "2D Dark Souls" and that description fits pretty well, I guess. Super-hard Castlevania-like with loads of branches and artifacts and tools and special attacks and enemies and lore. The world is like H.R. Giger meets the catholic church, so appropriately spooky and bloody and weird. But, in all, not my game. 5/10
- Desk Job: For every new Valve device, we get to see a little bit more of the Portal universe. It's really just very little, this time, so don't get your expectations too high. 5/10
- Pierre The Maze Detective: so cute!
- Spirit of the North (from free EGS)
- The Captain (from free EGS)
- Tokyo 42 (found in Library)
- cheesecake: excellent!
- FULL AUTO Knife Throwing Machine! - YouTube
- The Dumbest Way To Solve A Maze - Numberphile - YouTube
- actually dumbest way to solve the maze - YouTube
- the most brainless way to solve a maze - YouTube
- Microservices - YouTube: and how to do them correctly
- Can you trust an elegant conjecture? - YouTube
- Mowing My Lawn with a LASER!!! - YouTube
- My Best LIGHTSABER Yet! (STRONTIUM PLASMA 4500°) - YouTube
- Happy Birthday in the Styles of 10 Classical Composers (COMPILATION) - YouTube
- The ARCTIC CIRCLE THEOREM or Why do physicists play dominoes? - YouTube