More work that was ok.
- SoftwareDevelopmentAttitude (via Jochens weeklog)
- htmx essays: Locality of Behaviour
- The Grug Brained Developer (via Jochens weeklog)
- Liz Truss has made Britain a riskier bet for bond investors -- The Economist
- The internet is already over - by Sam Kriss: I understand only half of it and disagree with the rest. Maybe the "big stars" will die, but the internet will be forever.
- Students break acceleration world record -- News -- Oct 6, 2022 -- University of Stuttgart
- IKEA's Crimes Against Cartography - London Reconnections: IKEA uses war psychology – confusion, camouflage, and attrition – to wear down and coerce shoppers, starting with the store layout. Also ref SCP-3008 Infinite Ikea.
- Teenager Solves Stubborn Riddle About Prime Number Look-Alikes -- Quanta Magazine
- Tornado Cash Is Not Free Speech. It’s a Golem - Lawfare
- Fireside Friday, August 5, 2022 – A Collection of Unmitigated Pedantry: On the chemicals needed to produce cartridges and thus warfare. "But the upshot of this whole thought experiment is as a useful example of how modern warfare is frequently as much a conflict between industries and economies as it is a conflict between soldiers."
- On disavowing sexual assault – Going Medieval
- Missing Link: Das Ende der Preußischen Optischen Telegraphenlinie -- heise online
Libraries, programming, etc
- jefftriplett/django-startproject: Django Start Project template with batteries: pros: docker cons: pip-tools (via Jochens weeklog)
- bigskysoftware/_hyperscript: a small scripting language for the web
- Introduction · Crafting Interpreters: Should I really read this? Probably yes, but who has the time...
- Hot Wheels Unleashed: just plain fun. The only thing that annoys me very much is the incessant in-your-facing of paid DLCs. The game was expensive enough, just leave me alone!
- Strange Horticulture
- Darkwood (from free EGS)
- History of the Predictive Text Swearing - YouTube
- What makes a math video/article great? (SoME2 results) - YouTube: Damn it, now I have to watch 80 other great maths videos.
- Tested: Where Does The Tone Come From In A Guitar Amplifier? - YouTube: Rather scientifically tested: the difference is from setting it up differently. Save some money and just turn the knobs.
- How James Cameron Destroyed a Real Bridge Without CGI -- True Action - YouTube
- I Played Valefisk's Torture Game -- Crypt - YouTube: The pinnacle of game design. But now I kinda want to play it. I also kinda want to make a game with path-traced game with proper lighting and then solarize it down to 6 colors.
- The book with a multiplayer first-person shooter inside - YouTube: This really is quite fantastic.