House is still not done. One more week, as always.
I did not play games this week, but instead we tried to get Llama or Alpaca running on our machines, with differing levels of success and understanding.
- SQLite Forum: The craziest thing I ever used SQLite for: partial file deduplication
- Scientists Finally Figure Out Why the Water Bear is Nearly Indestructible
- Q&A: How We Knew Space Was a Vacuum – SKY LIGHTS
- Diderot effect - Wikipedia
- Hobby-Mathematiker findet lang ersehnte Einstein-Kachel - Spektrum der Wissenschaft
- Treat your to-read pile like a river -- Oliver Burkeman
- become a 1000x engineer or die tryin': How to make yourself a ChatGPT-cyborg
- Helix Editor: "A post-modern text editor." which looks very nice, but unfortunately it is "modal", which means it will not edit the file when you start editing the file. Since I think that editing a file when you edit a file is a pretty important functionality for a file editor, that's quite sad.
- Poline — Esoteric Color Palette Generation Library
- 9News Sydney on Twitter: "A lyrebird has been caught mimicking the ‘evacuate now’ siren at Sydney's Taronga Zoo. The native Australian bird has the ability to accurately mimic almost any sound it hears, with an evacuation triggered less than two weeks
- OPOD - Bouguer's Halo
Libraries, programming, etc
- Learning Visual Locomotion with Cross-Modal Supervision
- GitHub - gd3kr/BlenderGPT: Use commands in English to control Blender with OpenAI's GPT-4
- Make loading weights 10-100x faster by jart · Pull Request #613 · ggerganov/llama.cpp: For some as-yet unexplained reason, execution times are way faster now and they use much less memory.
- Dragon's Egg by Robert L. Forward
- Dishonored 2
- The Silent Age (free from EGS)