- Laurence Tratt: Displaying My Washing Machine's Remaining Time With curl, jq, and pizauth: They use the Miele API, which is a bit sad, since it means your washing machine talks to some server somewhere, and then your dashboard, that is in the same house as the washing machine, also talks to some server somewhere.
- Why Janet?: Janet is a lisp-like language that's small and embeddable; kind of like the Lua of Lisps. I guess I'll have to give it a try!
- Robotic deep RL at scale: Sorting waste and recyclables with a fleet of robots – Google AI Blog
- OpenAI API - Tokenizer: "The GPT family of models process text using tokens, which are common sequences of characters found in text. The models understand the statistical relationships between these tokens, and excel at producing the next token in a sequence of tokens. You can use the tool below to understand how a piece of text would be tokenized by the API, and the total count of tokens in that piece of text."
- Thoughts on a Crazy Week in AI News - by Melanie Mitchell
- What are we going to do about ChatGPT? – Daniel Lemire's blog (via Jochens weeklog)
- media.ccc.de - Solar-Akku für Alle - Wie du einen 15 kWh Solar-Akku selber baust!
Libraries, programming, etc
- GitHub - zylin/zpu: The Zylin ZPU
- TabbyML/tabby: Self-hosted AI coding assistant (via Jochens weeklog)
- Dragon's Egg by Robert L. Forward
- Sea of Thieves: we actually managed to finish the first story mission this time. After failing once, because we had parked the boat on land and thus lost our totem, of course.
- Dishonored 2
- Lego Bricktales
- Rolling Line (from waitlist)
- House Builder (from waitlist)
- Taskmaster, Season 2, after YT recommendation
- The Human Death Spiral - YouTube: This is such a powerful simile. From the perspective of the ant, everything is fine. It is doing exactly what it always does, what is supposed to do and what usually keeps the ant state alive. And everything's going perfectly fine, too, until everyone starts dying.
- This Nerf dart fires itself - YouTube
- Is English getting CHOPPIER? Hard Attack! - YouTube
- Ultra Cheap Movie Tricks and Practical Effects - YouTube
- 1999 MTV Movie Awards Shorts - YouTube
- Could An Ordinary Human Save Hyrule? - YouTube: No.
- The Real Story Of The Dodo Bird's (Current) Extinction - YouTube: "They weren't particularly tasty, but easy to catch."
- How The Dishonored Series Fixed X-Ray Vision -- Stealth Game Design - YouTube