I don't know. Normal, I guess?
- Google has a secret browser hidden inside the settings - Matan-h
- Text Rendering Hates You - Faultlore
- Mofi - Content-aware fill and trim for music!
- The Paella Model for Fast Image Generation, Explained
- Rare unbroken Enigma radio messages
- Ninth Dedekind number discovered: Scientists solve long-known problem in mathematics
- Dart: Detect Adulteration with rapid test
- The Password Game: Very good! I had to give up when the daily wordle was TRACT, which sums up to more than 35. But then I learned that you can write it as "tract" as well, controlling which characters are roman literals...
- Combinatorial coordinates for the aperiodic Spectre tiling: now where can I get actual physical tiles? (via Jochens weeklog)
- valberg.dk - Bringing Locality of Behaviour to Django Views and URLs: I hate it (via Jochens weeklog)
- Kondyor Massif - Wikipedia: #notACrater
- Richat Structure - Wikipedia: #notACrater
- You Can Have It All – Cloud Four: dare to dream! (via Jochens weeklog)
- cohost! - "how (not) to write a pipeline"
- Long Sequence Modeling with XGen: A 7B LLM Trained on 8K Input Sequence Length
- Background Removal Web -- CE.SDK Demo -- IMG.LY
- An aperiodic monotile
- Anna’s Archive
- Inside Xbox, PS5 & SNES Controllers: Interactive CT Scans
- Chris's Wiki :: blog/web/CoolUrlsGoInaccessible
- Fast machines, slow machines - Julio Merino (jmmv.dev)
- FAQ: The “Snake Fight” Portion of Your Thesis Defense - McSweeney’s Internet Tendency
Libraries, programming, etc
- GitHub - TeamHypersomnia/Hypersomnia: Multiplayer top-down shooter made from scratch. Comes with an in-game Editor!
- oauth - Why use OpenID Connect instead of plain OAuth2? - Information Security Stack Exchange
- GitHub - jetpack-io/typeid: Type-safe, K-sortable, globally unique identifier inspired by Stripe IDs
- OpenOrca: "The Open Orca dataset is a collection of augmented FLAN Collection data. Currently ~1M GPT-4 completions, and ~3.2M GPT-3.5 completions. It is tabularized in alignment with the distributions presented in the ORCA paper and currently represents a partial completion of the full intended dataset, with ongoing generation to expand its scope. The data is primarily used for training and evaluation in the field of natural language processing."
- GitHub - everythingishacked/Gamebody: Full-body game controller built with Python, OpenCV, Mediapipe
- GitHub - bmork/defogger: D-Link DCS-8000LH usage info and defogging tools
- The Mountain in the Sea by Ray Nayler
- Buccaneers (from waitlist)
- Shadows of Doubt (from waitlist)
- Making a PCB Motor spin 30,000 RPM FASTER - YouTube
- Game Development Budgets and Customer Value - YouTube: It's all about the A-ness!
- Epic Cycling: Wheelless Bike - YouTube: it's so stupid that it's brilliant
- Make Your Renders Unnecessarily Complicated - YouTube
- ASTRA Flyover Bridge - Future of motorway rehabilitation - YouTube
- Conspiracy Theorist promises to concede, if I photograph the ISS ... So I did - YouTube